How Operator works with any Intercom product
- Team availability - tells customers when you’ll reply or be back in the office.
- Capture emails - asks leads for their email addresses, so you can follow up with them.
How Operator works with Inbox Pro
With our Inbox Pro product, you’ll have access to:
- Conversation routing - Separate logged-out customers from new leads and route them to the right team.
- Qualify leads - asks leads for any four qualification details, and automatically take follow-up actions, like assigning them to a team.
- Conversation ratings - asks customers for feedback on a conversation after you close it.
- GitHub updates - keeps you updated on GitHub issues.
How Operator works with Articles
With Articles, you’ll have access to:
- Smart suggestions - automatically answers questions people ask in the Messenger.
- Article feedback - asks customers for feedback when they react negatively to an article.
How Operator works with Articles and Inbox Essential
- Smart inbox suggestions - suggests articles to teammates in the inbox during conversations.
How Operator works with Messages
There are no skills unlocked with just Messages at this time. If you only have the Messages product, you’ll still be able to access team availability and contact collection.
How Operator works with Messages and Inbox
- Qualify leads - automatically qualifies your new leads (including leads who reply to visitor auto messages)
- Follow up - Operator follows up with your qualified leads by adding them to a nurture campaign by tagging them, assigning to specific teams round robin style, adding them to Salesforce and more.
Note: You'll need to have a Pro subscription with either Messages or Inbox to access these skills.
How can I see everything Operator does?
Just hover over your avatar, then select ‘Operator’ to see everything Operator does in Intercom.
Note: If you want to turn on a specific skill you don’t have access to, you’ll need to start a trial of the product or subscribe to the plan it belongs to.
Finally, configure Operator to your needs
Depending on what product you have, you can turn some skills of Operator on/off.