When a user unsubscribes from an email sent through MailChimp, you can make sure that Intercom keeps their unsubscribe status in sync. Likewise, when a user unsubscribes from an Intercom email, their unsubscribe status will sync with MailChimp too. Below, we’ll show you how to sync your unsubscribes across both channels so you won’t risk sending emails to people who don’t want them.
- You'll need our Messages Pro product to sync your unsubscribed users with MailChimp.
- When you enable this integration we'll attempt to sync existing unsubscribed users and users who unsubscribe in the future.
How to sync unsubscribed users with Mailchimp
1. Sign into Intercom and go to your app's integrations.
2. Select ‘Integrate’ on the Mailchimp Sync option.
3. Click ‘Sync your subscribers’ and login to your MailChimp account via the modal that opens.
4. Select the list you would like to sync.
5. Click on the link provided and you will be brought to your list’s webhook settings in MailChimp.
6. Click ‘Create new webhook’ in MailChimp.
7. Copy the Callback URL provided in your Intercom set-up instructions and paste it into the Callback URL box in MailChimp. (NOTE: Your Callback URL is specific to your app so you will need to copy it from your own set-up instructions).
8. Click ‘Save and go back to Intercom. You will see that your list’s unsubscribe status is now synced with Intercom.