If you would like to integrate with our REST API you can get started with Intercom this way. This option is perfect for engineers who would like to use our API to manually interact with users, events, and message data on the Intercom Platform.
For example, you’ll be able to:
- Set up a server-side integration to send user data and events to Intercom.
- Use the API to import a large amount of user data (like millions of records, which a CSV wouldn’t handle well).
Get started by making an initial API request
1. First, enter your email address on the Intercom homepage and create your account.
2. Next, start your free trial.
Here's how your free trial works:
- You'll get a 14 day free trial of each product, which you can start at any time.
- After your free trial ends, Intercom's products start at $49/month.
- If you cancel in the first 14 days you won't be charged.
3. Continue to the setup guide and click 'Choose an install option.' Finally, select 'Rest API' from the list and follow the super short instructions provided to make an initial API request.
- After you complete the sign-up process, you’ll receive your API credentials to access the rest of your API.
- You should check out our API docs. They’ll help you get make the most from a custom integration with our REST API.
- Watch a demo: If you'd like to learn how to use Intercom from the people who built it, watch a prerecorded demo.