If you’ve got Intercom Respond, you can easily integrate with Facebook in just a few clicks.
Why integrate Facebook with Intercom?
- We’ll route messages from Facebook to your team inbox in Intercom, keeping all of your customer communication in one place.
- You can read, manage and respond to all private messages you receive directly from your team inbox.
What you need to know before you begin
You need to be an admin of the Facebook page you wish to integrate with Intercom.
How to integrate with Facebook
1. Sign into Intercom and go to your app's integrations.
2. Select ‘Integrate’ on the Facebook option, add your Facebook page and follow the instructions provided.
Once you’ve integrated Facebook with Intercom, anytime someone sends you a private Facebook message, it will appear in your Intercom team inbox. You can quickly see if that message was originally sent from Facebook by checking the ‘Sent via’ information below your message.
How Facebook messages work
- Only private Facebook messages will get sent to your team inbox. If someone posts a Facebook message on your wall it won’t appear in your team inbox.
- When someone sends a message to your company Facebook page they will get designated as a lead in Intercom. You’ll only be able to see that person’s Facebook name and profile picture. We recommend asking for their email and adding it to their profile.
Delete your Facebook integration
If at any stage you would like to delete your Facebook integration, you can simply click ‘Manage’ and ‘Remove integration.’
Important: The option to delete the integration will only appear in the account of the person who set up the integration.
Disconnect the integration
If you have connected more than one Facebook page, you can disconnect the integration and delete all of the Facebook pages you have connected. Just delete Intercom from your installed apps in your Facebook app settings.