If you’ve got Intercom Respond, you can easily integrate Twitter with Intercom in just a few clicks.
Why integrate Twitter with Intercom?
- We’ll route Twitter Direct Messages to your Intercom team inbox, keeping all of your customer communication in one place.
- You can read, manage and respond to all Twitter Direct Messages you receive from your Intercom team inbox.
- People who send you a message will either get added to Intercom as a user or lead.
Important: Twitter @mentions won’t get sent to your team inbox. The integration only works for Direct Messages.
How to Integrate with Twitter
- Sign into Intercom and go to your app’s integrations.
2. Select ‘Integrate’ on the Twitter option.
3. Enter your Twitter login details and click ‘Authorize app.’
Note: You can authenticate the integration for as many Twitter accounts as you like. You’ll need to authorize Intercom to access each of these accounts.
Once you’ve integrated Twitter with Intercom, anytime someone sends you a Twitter Direct Message, it’ll appear in your Intercom team inbox. You can quickly see if that message was originally sent from Twitter by checking the ‘Sent via’ information below your message.
Best practices for using Twitter with Intercom
Here are some tips on how to make the most of this integration to provide seamless customer support through Twitter Direct Messages: